Wednesday, May 2, 2012

BEDIM 2 - Lady Gaga and Nintendo

Last weekend I went to the Olympic Stadium in Seoul to see Lady Gaga kick off her Born This Way World Tour.
The whole day was long, but pretty fun. There were a couple in the group, but only my friend and I got off work early. He and I went to the stadium and picked up our tickets, and we were there early enough that we were each given a designer water bottle. How fancy of them! We arrived early enough that we had plenty of time to go down a stop and get dinner at Coex (the biggest mall I've been to) and still get back to the stadium with time to spare.
The show was pretty fun. We were dead center, but pretty far back along with thousands of other people, but they were way into the show and it was still lots of fun. The set was a HUGE castle, the costumes were crazy, and the dance numbers were all really amazing. Lady Gaga did almost every single song in her catalog, so there wasn't much to complain about. Sadly I didn't get any pictures during the show because my camera doesn't do well in the dark without a flash.
After the show, we all piled into my friend's car and made the trip home. We made a wrong turn and got to see part of the city twice, and later we stopped at Hongdae for food. We didn't actually get back home until 2:30 am or so.
It was a long day, but so fun!

Here are some pictures I did NOT take of the show:
The set was HUGE!


One of the dozen or so costumes she wore:

The HUGE crowd! I was sitting just about at the left edge of the picture,right above the white row of lights, do you see me?



Today I wore my favorite T-shirt, the blue one I got from Nintendo World in NYC, and the students commented on it all day. Yay me for having a cool shirt!
I love Nintendo! My family got a SNES when I was in kindergarten with Super Mario World. I've played that game so much. I don't personally know anyone better than I am at that precious little game (Youtube isn't personal), but I love to play it with people still. Last year I was playing the original Super Mario Bros. on my Wii with my Grandma (who had the original game on the NES) and it was so fun! I got a little anxious a few times when I wanted to yell "Jump, Grandma! Jump!" but I held my tongue and watched her kill Mario a few times. It was awesome! I also got her to play Mario Kart Wii that same day, figuring that in that game turning the controller actually turns your car too, so it should be a bit easier to pick up. It wasn't, but I still had a great time.
Another Nintendo game that holds a special place in my heart is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I spent countless hours with my friends in their basement taking turns playing and figuring out the puzzles and dungeons. There was one time where we decided to make a cake, but for some reason it never reached the oven, so we sat watching each other playing the game and ate the entire bowl of funfetti cake batter. As far as I remember, no one got sick from that either.

Best game ever? Probably.


Ok, so Day 2 has two completely unrelated topics with no segue to be found. I don't have any set plans or big ideas for upcoming days or topics, so if there are any readers that have an interesting topic idea, please message me!
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment