Friday, May 25, 2012

BEDIM 25 - I Don't Wanna Grow Up

My baby brother graduated from high school today (or yesterday for that side of the world). I can't believe how time flies. For graduation, his whole class is going to Disneyland! My own grad-night was really fun, but Disneyland would have made my day! Best last day of school ever!
So with the youngest gone for the next day and a half, and my other two brothers either married or off to a job-training thing - and of course my being in Korea - my parents are officially empty nest-ers for the first time ever.
Time is so weird for me to think about... I still feel like a kid most of the time, and making life decisions is stressful and scary. When my mom was my age she already had 3 kids! I think I'm not too cut out for this being-an-adult thing.
Just the other day I was email-chatting with my best friend and we were thinking of some fun things to do when we both get back to our hometown. The list I've been making is pretty awesome, let me just say, but it's still strange to be planning on being back in the States. It's like starting all over again. I really have no sure idea where I'll be in three months. I'm hoping for a certain job I applied for (and am totally qualified for), but if that falls through, I'll be without a plan. How am I supposed to have fun if I'm jobless and running out of money and stuff?
Anyway, perhaps in three months' time I'll have posted again about my wonderful perfect life and new adventures. Stay tuned for that! ("Be optimistic!" they say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment