Friday, September 6, 2013

Sept. 6th, New Title!

For the last, oh, I don't know, two years I've wanted to change my blog's name. It used to be called "Imaginative Irony" but I didn't really ever *love* that title. I just kept it because I didn't know what else to call it. So, I was asking a great friend what I should name it and we didn't come up with anything. I was drawing a blank(!) when I decided that could be the title. It may change if something else better comes up, but what do you think?
In the beginning of my blogging days, I think that I planned on being more sarcastic and not all sunshine-and-bubbles, but I soon learned that being sarcastic, even humorously so, is kind of negative and draining. Also, I didn't want to be a jerk and make comments about people who may get wind of it or even read it directly. That would be so awkward and I know I'd feel bad.  I've actually considered creating a separate secret blog where I can dish out all the dirt and be super honest and candid and never worry about being discovered, but it's enough work keeping one blog alive. Besides, if I can't say something more-or-less nice, then I shan't say anything a'tall.

Completely unrelated: I went to The Lone Ranger at the cheap theater in my town, and I went in with basically low expectations. I though the trailer wasn't that great, and I've had my fill of Johnny Depp, and the few reviews I read were pretty awful. But the movie was cheap and I wasn't doing anything so I went.
It was SO much fun! I don't usually like to read reviews because I feel it skews my opinion, and after I saw the movie and read more real-people reviews, they seem to have thought the same - several had "Don't listen to what the critics say" in their titles. The move was a little long, but the action-western was pure fun and really funny at times. I thought it was as fun as any other summer blockbuster, and I especially loved how the music used William Tell's overture so effectively.
If you haven't seen it because of "what you've heard" about it, I say you should see it eventually just for fun. Just be aware that, for a Disney movie (even a PG-13 rated one), it's quite violent, and not just guns and arrows, but disturbing implied/off-screen stuff as well.

This post is short, but I'll be back again tomorrow to wow the world with my deep and inspiring words. K bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment