Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sept. 28th, Moving Day!

Today was really busy because I spent most of the day helping my aunt and her family move. It was actually mostly fun though, even though my fingers are sore and I'm sure my muscles will decide to die in the next day or so. It was fun because I got to spend time with so much of my family. Really, there was only one uncle from my moms side that wasn't able to be there. Had he come, we could have busted out a turkey and called it Thanksgiving.
My aunt moved to a place about 15 minutes away from the middle of town, and into a house that has a very pretty view of the mountains and a lake. All year long the view will be nice. The house itself is pretty new (as far as I could tell) and will suit their awesome and heavy furniture very nicely.
That was all I did today. From 9 this morning to 9 at night. They had a lot of stuff, but we got it all in the house/garage with the help of probably 20 people who came to help. We also had a lot of pizza for dinner.
I was also able to spend time with my grandma and just chat during lifting-boxes breaks, and it was nice to catch up and talk about all sorts of stuff before being called back to move a dresser down some stairs.
One thing that was a huge pain was moving their upright piano. I knew they were heavy, but I've not actually had to lift and transport one before. It took four of us to get it out of the truck and onto the ground. I wonder how the wooden case of the whole piano can support the weight that's inside. (Okay, so I just googled how much an upright piano weighs....it's not as much as I thought, being estimated around 400-500 lbs....but still, way hard to move!)

I'm going to help them unpack and stuff tomorrow after church, and after that I'm going to help my brother and his family move across town. They live in a small apartment and have a couch and bed and stuff. No pianos or enormous bookshelves in sight, thank goodness.

Well, that's all for today, come by tomorrow for the penultimate post for the month of September!

No comments:

Post a Comment