Friday, September 27, 2013

Sept. 27th, Weekend!

What day is it, even? This week so far has felt both soooo slow, and yet I still feel like the weekend sure got here fast...
So today at work I processed an inter-library loan that isn't due until November. Which is like 5 weeks away. It dawned on me how fast this whole last year has gone. It seems like I only got back from Korea a few months ago, not 14 months ago. All of this also mean that the holidays are just around the river bend. I'm all set for Halloween, and I'm going to be visiting my parents for Thanksgiving, I'm sure, and after that is Christmas. I usually like planning gifts and stuff for Christmas, but this year money is a little less abundant, so I'm probably going to stay thoughtful but spend [far] less.
Today I found a picture of my great-grandpa online in some digitized photo archives. It was kind of fun to see what he looked like many years ago, and I printed it out so I could show my grandma when I see her later tonight (or tomorrow, I'm not sure which it will be). I think it's pretty awesome the way technology can bridge generations, whether through genealogy or photos. Future people will have more photos of us than they'll know what to do with, as well as pictures of everyone's food, thanks to Instagram.
So anyway, I'm glad it's the weekend. I'm helping family move in tomorrow, and I think I might have to go to a REALLY early morning meeting on Sunday, but I'll live. I hope. I'm not a morning person. Wish me luck.

Okay, come back tomorrow if you want to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment