Thursday, September 18, 2014

No More Debt!

I paid off my student loans!
Fortunately I didn't have very much to pay off compared to most people, but even still, I'm debt free!
I had paid off a huge chunk when I returned from Korea, so my monthly amount due was zero, which was nice, except for the part about interest. (Boo, interest!) So because the statement that arrives every month doesn't tell me what interest has accumulated, I decided to call them and find out my actual total. A very polite robot helped me through the process and eventually told me what I wanted. I then wrote a check and sealed it in an envelope and graced it with the Voldemort stamp I've been saving for a special occasion.
Ha! Proof!
Voldemort stamp - That'll show 'em!

I was supposed to be in Disneyland this week, and would have much rather spent that money on a vacation, but since that fell through, I guess being a responsible adult and taking care of debt is a good - though terribly less fun - alternative.
I'm going to go to Lagoon, an amusement park in Utah, this weekend with my best friend. It's a cheaper and more convenient option than Disneyland right now, and it's gonna be SO fun; they better be ready for us! I'll try to get some pictures to post on my precious little blog.
Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment