Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Busy Week!

Lots of stuff has happened in the last week or so, and here forth is a record of mine adventures.
So, I probably wrote months ago about my plans to go to Disneyland in September with my best friends. Well, as things go, that plan fell through, even though we'd been planning it for about 9 months. That sucked, but recently I moved, both of my friends moved, and money was a little more tight than usual, so Disneyland was a little impractical at the time. Anyway, to make up for it, we decided to go to Lagoon for a day instead. Only two of us went, which was a little sad, but we still had so much fun!
But let me back up a tad. On Friday, the day before Lagoon, I saw a sign that advertised auditions for a musical nearby - auditions that were the next morning - so I called my bestie Sheena, and let her know since she's a great singer and stuff. She was pretty into it, so we made plans to find a song for her to sing, and that evening and late into the night we went through tons of my sheet music and had lots of fun but couldn't really find something that seemed perfect. She eventually decided to sing an excerpt from Prima Donna from Phantom of the Opera because it's fun and she knew the words. So then after that was decided we called it a night so we could be ready to go in the morning to auditions and then to Lagoon.
We also grabbed a fork each and ate a key lime pie like heathens.

Then Saturday morning we went on down to the theater for Sheena to amaze the judges. She totally did. When she hit the high notes I saw one of the people in charge mouth "wow" to another person. Success!
Right after that we drove on up to Lagoon and spent the whole day there. We were really fortunate and the lines for the rides were practically nonexistent. It was awesome! I honestly don't think we waited more than 5 minutes for any ride. We got pretty exhausted by about 4:00 so we took a break and went to take a nap to rejuvenate for part two of our Lagoon day.
After nap time, and a much needed Jamba Juice run, we returned to Lagoon and continued to ride tons of rides and try to keep away from the monsters that roamed the park as part of "Frightmares".

My Carousel Pig was a mighty steed.

And they say diet pills don't work!

This was a very roomy coffin.

Me and my BFF!

My noble Pig-Steed smiling for his close up.

Probably my best picture ever.

I was so pooped by the end of the day. When I got home I fell asleep quickly and slept till 10am. Good thing my Sunday activities were later too!
The LDS temple in Ogden, Utah, was rededicated and all members in Utah were invited to attend a broadcast of the event. I went to the 1pm session, and it was really nice. I'm very glad I went. The speakers had some really uplifting things to say. The whole thing was inspiring and I'm so glad that I was able to watch it.
After the weekend was complete and I was back to work, I saw that Sheena was invited to callbacks for the play, and I went with her for fun/support/whatever and when I got there I saw that there were only about 5 guys who auditioned for the show at all, and like 23 girls. The play was a musical of "A Christmas Carol" which has mainly a male cast. I got feeling sorry for not helping out so I asked if they wanted me to try out, even though auditions were over. They said I could still try out, but after the night's activities. Yeah, they wanted me to take part in callbacks and sing and read parts, then audition after. Anyway, I did what they wanted and I felt super awkward and uncomfortable but I sucked it up and did it.
I climbed so far out of my bubble that I discovered for myself that earth is round.
Anyway, afterwards, they had me sing a song for them and sent me on my way. Okay, so I must say, I think that I did alright in the audition, which surprised me since I basically only ever sing in the car.
Later that night, at home, I was seriously having major second thoughts about being in the show. What's more is that Sheena was too. Mainly because the rehearsal and show schedule was really going to pose a problem around Thanksgiving. They have dress rehearsals everyday right before Thanksgiving and the the opening night of the show was the Friday afterward. Neither Sheena nor I have family up here, and the show would not allow us to see our families at all for the holiday. That's a really big deal to me. So the next morning, before any further callback choices could continue, I sent a message to the contact person explaining that I was very sorry and would not be able to commit to the production due to the schedule. I felt much relieved after I backed out. Sheena did the same. The theater people called her though, and begged her to stay. She explained further her situation. Long story short, neither of us are going to be in the show this season, but we hope to be in something soon.
Okay, so lastly, finally, for this happy little post, I wanted to say that last night I slept for like 14 hours. It was awesome. I went to sleep accidentally at 9pm or so, and awoke at midnight. I was annoyed at myself but went back to bed because what else was I supposed to do?
Then, because I didn't have church till 1:30, I was in NO hurry to get up. It was awesome!
I hope you have a nice week, all you readers. Do something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment