Saturday, August 16, 2014

10 points to Gryffindor! Brandon went on a date!

Okay, so I don't date much. I just haven't felt like it. To some people, like parents and church leaders, that's not a good thing. While I understand their concerns, I feel NO guilt about it. It's my life, and ah do wut ah want! (Just say that last sentence out loud if you don't get it.)
Anyway, I'm going to be moving in a week or so because I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!! I have a nice friend and she and I have been friends since high school. I rather suddenly decided a date would be fun before I leave town, so I asked her to dinner, and she accepted. How nice of her, right? We went to Pizza Factory (which all Utahns know about and we got their super good pasta and those fat bread sticks.
Anyway, it was fun and simple and totally not stressful. She even gave me a couple cinnamon rolls and cookies when I took her home. I love cinnamon rolls! They are the Great Harvest kind that are HUGE and so good. It was just a fun night out.
So, you read that I got a new job, and I'm so excited for it! It's a library job in Utah County, and it's full-time and everything! I'm practically a grown-up now! I only have to find a place to live.... That part is not fun at all. I want my own room, and will not settle for anything else. I also want a room big enough to someday have a queen-sized bed so I can sleep in any sprawled way that I want. I also want my own place altogether, but that's a little bit too much money for now. There are several places near my workplace, but nothing is really standing out to me. If you know me personally, though I'm a psycho and an outgoing dork around friends, I like to keep to myself and be able to just go home after work and relax and not do anything if I like in my quiet apartment. With 5-6 other housemates, I have no idea what I could be getting into. I mean, I'm way out of college, in my upper-20s (shudder), and don't want to be a part of the college scene anymore, at all.
Like I said, I want a place of my own. Since that won't happen right away, I'm being pretty selective. Wish me luck.
Oh, and I AM a Gryffindor - Pottermore told me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment