Friday, January 16, 2015

A Little Overdue...

Ahem....
So I wrote this post last Thanksgiving with the intent of publishing it right away. Obviously that didn't happen, so I'm publishing it now! It's a little dated, but late is better than never right? Anyway, here it is:



I've had a lot of good things happen lately, and there were several times when I thought about blogging, but you know.....
Anyway, here I am!
So, as you may know if you read my previous posts, I moved for a new job and left my poor provincial town. Now I live in a bigger town closer to the shiny city.
So far, things are pretty good. My best friend lives about 20 minutes away and we get together a couple times a week.
A couple weeks ago another friend of mine hosted an open-mic night at her house, so I went and had SO MUCH FUN! Seriously, it was one of my favorite things lately. There were a lot of people there at first, but toward the end there were only about 10 of us and it was really casual. We were just lounging in the living room listening to each other play and sing music. And - get this - I made new friends! It was great. I hope there's another open mic night again soon. I promise though that I'll be more prepared for the next one. We'll see.
Thanksgiving also happened! I went home for it and my friend Emily carpooled with me. It was fun traveling together because she is nice and loves and knows music way, WAY better than I or anyone else I know, so I happily gleaned all that I could. We also had good conversation, which was really nice.
Thanksgiving was great. I got to spend 5 days at home with my family and my super cute niece (who will be getting a super awesome gift from me for Christmas- stay tuned!) and my cousins and grandparents.
The weekend after thanksgiving was great too. My friend Jesslyn had a going-away party because she would be leaving for an LDS mission. I got to see a lot of friends at the get together, including my old roommate Brad. It was nice to all spend time together. Then on Sunday Jesslyn gave here farewell talk in church and she was so enthusiastic and passionate about her mission. It was inspiring. I was reminded of my mission and how I was excited and nervous too. I also saw Jesslyn almost grow up before my eyes. She's only 19 but as I watched her talk I started to see her, not as the kid I've always known her as, but as an adult who is grown up and setting off to do hard things. It's hard to explain, but it's like when you are looking at someone you know, but for whatever reason, you suddenly notice something about their face you didn't realize before. Like, you're seeing them anew, *really* seeing them. I don't know, it's weird.
Anyway, the whole holiday was super.
I finally started playing Halo. Halo is fun! I'm so very bad at it. I set it on easy because I've never really played it, but I still had lots of fun. People who brag about playing on "legendary" mode can go pat themselves on the back and be smug and whatever. I like easy mode and playing casually because it's fun!
This post is long enough. I've got more to write about but I'll save that stuff for my next post, which will be soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment